A night of Fun

Wednesday I had made some chicken pillows for dinner. The boys have never had them before and they both were very hungry. We started eating and all of the sudden Jackson jumps out of the chair runs for the bathroom. Chris and I really did not think anything of it cause he has done this before. When he eats something that he doesn't like he runs to spit it out in the bathroom. This time it was different he was in there longer then normal. Chris gets up and goes in and checks on him and he is choking. Jackson is able to breathe and talk so we thought that he has Schatzki's ring, which a few people on Chris side of the family have this. I will give you a little run down of what it is. Schatzki's ring refers to an anatomical narrowing in the lower one-third of the esophagus. In early development, the lumen (center)of the esophagus becomes completely obliterated and the reopens to form a hollow tube. A failure of this process leads to a ring which partially blocks the end of the esophagus and then stuff will get stuck in the ring and you are not able to swallow.
Jackson has had a few issues when he was little where we thought that he might have it but then it stopped. So poor buster was in the bathroom trying to get it out. And Chris is telling him what he needs to do to get it out. Jackson was not able to understand the concept on how to get it out. He started to show signs of weakness from trying so hard.This is when I started to get scared. So we decide to take him to the hospital. Chris told him what they do to get it out so he was scared. On the way to the hospital Jackson said "mom are they going to cut me open" I told him no that he would be a sleep while there getting it out. He sat there for a minute and then asks "mom how will I swallow the pill to make me go to sleep" I told him not to worry about it. I did not want to tell him about the IV.
So they check us in a room after waiting 30 mins in the waiting area. And it took them another 45 mins before anyone came into the room. I guess that it is not a big deal when you can't swallow. The doctor comes in and I told him that I don't want them to give him any muscle relaxers cause they have not worked on anyone. So the doctor and I decided to just go in with a scope and get it out. So he goes and checks to see if there is a doctor available to work on Jackson for his age. Just my luck there is no doctors that feel comfortable to work on him. So they told us that we needed to go to PCMC. So they get it all set up so once we get there they can rush him right in. So I call Chris and told him what was going on and he wanted to come up there with us but I did not want Corbin to go. So Lynda comes and gets Chris and Corbin and we meet at 1300 w and 9000 s. Chris gets in the car and we are just turning onto 90th and Jackson says "it's gone" Chris and I look at each other and then ask him what do you mean. Jackson said " I can swallow see" he took an big drink of water and Chris and I were happy that it passed on its own. I guess I jumped the gun, next time I will let him try longer to get it out. And I hope that there is not a next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey its mikelle I just wanted to say that that is awsome I am so happy for you and wish you the best of luck. Just remember you have people who love you and are here for you when it gets hard. Keep us posted on your progress. Love you hiedi.